Connect with us

Justice

Woman Found in Her Bed may Have Been Dead for Two Years

Published

on

A woman has been found killed in her home in Belfast, and it seems she may have been dead for more than two years.

In Her Bed For Two Years

Marie Conlon, 68 was found last Friday at a flat in Larkspur Rise.

The police says her death was a murder and that she could have been dead for two years.

She was last seen in January 2015, and the police thinks her death may have happened around this time.

Detective Chief Inspector Alan Dickson said:

“Authorities were alerted on Friday after concerns were raised about the welfare of 68-year-old Marie Conlon. Officers forced entry to her Larkspur Rise home and discovered her deceased in bed. It was apparent that she had lain undiscovered for some time.”

“A post mortem examination was carried out and the results suggest that the death may have been suspicious. Further testing is due to take place.

“Detectives investigating the circumstances of the death have established that the last known sighting of Ms Conlon was in January 2015. It is our belief, supported by the medical evidence, that her death may have occurred at around this time.

“We have launched a murder investigation and a 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a number of offences including murder. He was detained in the west Belfast area yesterday and remains in custody at present.

“Anyone who believes they may have information that could assist the police investigation is asked to call police on 101.”

Comments

comments

Justice

Charity Worker Murdered for His iPhone in London

Published

on

A murder investigation has begun following the events of a charity worker stabbed to death by muggers who allegedly targeted the man for his iPhone 7.

Murder

28 year-old Abdul Samad, was stabbed in the heart near his home in Little Venice.

Samad was leaving a friend’s house where he was playing computer games.

He was able to reach the doorstep, however, it was already too late. He collapsed soon after.

He worked for the Dragon Hall Trust, which helps young people improve their computer skills and participate in social, educational and recreational activities.

Two males, aged 17 and 18, were arrested as suspects of murder and are being held in custody.

iPhone?

Speaking to the Evening Standard, Abdul Samad’s brother said:

“He was geeky and loved his computers and that’s why he was helping the young people. I could understand if it was some kind of postcode war but he’s not that type of person, his friends are all geeks.

“He loved helping children. That’s the sort of person he was. This is a young life gone and such a lovely life. He was full of energy and loved the kids he worked with.”

“You’re not going to find a nicer person. It was over a phone, it’s just so senseless.”

He also said that Samad had never been involved in any kind of trouble with the police, and had never done anything wrong.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Justice

Explosion at Swedish Police Station

Published

on

The Swedish authorities stated that a powerful explosion near a police station, has made some considerable damage to the building.

Swedish Police Bomb

So far no one has been arrested and there are no injured.

The explosion was not being treated as a terrorist attack, and there are no clues as to who was responsible yet.

“It is fair to believe that this is a consequence of the good police work we do,” police spokesman Patric Heimbrand told a news conference.

“We work in heavy criminal environments and some of them could be irritated. But to those I’d say that we cannot be influenced.”

There was a similar explosion which took place in Malmo on November 30, 2014, however that incident hasn’t been resolved.

Mr Lofven told Sweden’s TT news agency the blast was “extremely serious” and it was “an attack on our democracy”.

“Violence against police must never be accepted,” he was quoted as saying, adding that the fight against serious crime must be intensified “with stricter laws, better tools and increased resources to the police”.

 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Justice

Seven Schoolgirls and Two Women Sexually Harassed in London

Published

on

Seven schoolgirls have been sexually assaulted in the same place in London in three months.

Schoolgirls and Women Assaulted

Two women, of 27 and 25, and seven children aged 11 to 13, have been assaulted by a man who tried to get to them before running away.

CCTV recently released footage of a man connected to the attacks.

Superintendent Lee Hill of Greenwich Police said: “These incidents were very frightening for the victims. I am appealing to the public to help identify and locate this man as quickly as possible.

“Although none of the victims have suffered physical injury, the effects of becoming a victim of sexual assault can be lasting and traumatic.

“There is a possibility that these incidents are part of a linked series of attacks as a number of victims have provided very similar descriptions of the attacker – a white man aged between 40 to 50 years old, with short white or blonde hair. This is one line of inquiry detectives are exploring.”

Mr Hill also said: “I am concerned that there may be more victims who have not yet come forward and are not receiving the support that they may need. I would urge any victims who have not yet come forward to contact police.”

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Newsletter

Trending

Close