Connect with us

Prison Justice

Australian Rugby Player gets 12 Years’ Jail For Attempting to Rape 6-Year old boy

Published

on

An Australian rugby player was caught by ICE agents in the US attempting to pay $260 to forcibly rape a 6 year old boy at what he thought was a paedophile party in Los Angeles.

In fact, US agents had set up an elaborate sting who posed as fellow pedophiles offering Michael Quinn the opportunity to rape a boy at a party.

Michael Quinn was scheduled to play for the Melbourne Chargers rugby team in the US, on a tour. Before arriving Quinn had posted on a forum used by pedophiles. Saying:

““Aussie perv, heading to the US late May/June interested to meet others while I’m there. LA, Nashville, NYC,”

Quinn was contacted by what he thought was a pimp. But in fact he had been liasing with undercover ICE agent Aaron McClellan.

ICE agent McClellan said:

“In advance of his travel, Quinn arranged to meet with a small group of like-minded men in the Los Angeles area and go with them to a hotel where they would have sex with children,”

“Quinn, who expressed preference for boys aged five-10, agreed to pay $US250 an hour to be provided with a child he could sodomise, and suggested sharing a child with one of the other men.”

In court, Quinn was accompanied by his parents who had flown from Australia. But the judge was in no mood for leniency.

“It upsets me so much that I could be capable of harming a child,” said Quinn.

However judge John Walter said:

“The defendant had every intention of raping a boy,” and called his actions “absolutely disgusting”, “ghastly”“despicable”. 

Quinn was sentenced to 12 years’ in jail and will presumably be deported to Australia on release.

Like JusticeCrunch? Please like us on Facebook: 

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Justice

Seven Schoolgirls and Two Women Sexually Harassed in London

Published

on

Seven schoolgirls have been sexually assaulted in the same place in London in three months.

Schoolgirls and Women Assaulted

Two women, of 27 and 25, and seven children aged 11 to 13, have been assaulted by a man who tried to get to them before running away.

CCTV recently released footage of a man connected to the attacks.

Superintendent Lee Hill of Greenwich Police said: “These incidents were very frightening for the victims. I am appealing to the public to help identify and locate this man as quickly as possible.

“Although none of the victims have suffered physical injury, the effects of becoming a victim of sexual assault can be lasting and traumatic.

“There is a possibility that these incidents are part of a linked series of attacks as a number of victims have provided very similar descriptions of the attacker – a white man aged between 40 to 50 years old, with short white or blonde hair. This is one line of inquiry detectives are exploring.”

Mr Hill also said: “I am concerned that there may be more victims who have not yet come forward and are not receiving the support that they may need. I would urge any victims who have not yet come forward to contact police.”

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Justice

Mother Charged With Murder After Putting Her Sons in Oven

Published

on

A woman has been charged with murder after putting her two sons in an oven and turning it on.

Mother Double Murder Charge

24-year-old Lamora Williams, was arrested soon after her toddlers Ja’Karter Penn, 1, and Ke-Yaunte Pen, 2, were both found dead.

An arrest warrant states the mother-of-three put the two children in the oven sometime between midnight on Thursday and 11pm on Friday.

In the warrant the police said the little boys had suffered injuries including burns.

Williams claimed to police to have left the pair with a family member.

The father set up a GoFundMe page saying: “I want everyone to use my story as a helping hand.

“I lost my 2 young boys to violence and I want to be a difference maker in someone else’s life to prevent a child being hurt.”

He has currently raised more than $1,000.

Williams’ mother Brenda told WSMV in America:

“My daughter is a sick person if she did what I think she did.

“Mora wasn’t right, she hasn’t been right and what happened three months ago, that the kids father left her, I told him something tragic is going to happen.

“She’s going to do something to those kids, she’s going to do something to herself.

“You know we see stuff like this in horror movies, but in my family my two littlest grand kids are gone because of what my daughter did. I might need to get help, this is hard.”

Detectives arrested Williams after finding her story about how the two boys died “didn’t add up”.

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Justice

Killer Drivers Behind Bars

Published

on

Drivers who cause death by dangerous driving or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs could now face life in jail due to new plans coming from the Government.

Killer Drivers

The maximum sentence for causing death by speeding, racing, or using a mobile phone will be raised from 14 years to life, making the offence equivalent to murder.

Also, driving while being drunk will rise from 14 years to life sentence.

Justice Minister Dominic Raab said: “We’ve taken a long hard look at driving sentences, and we received 9,000 submissions to our consultation.

“Based on the seriousness of the worst cases, the anguish of the victims’ families, and maximum penalties for other serious offences such as manslaughter, we intend to introduce life sentences of imprisonment for those who wreck lives by driving dangerously, drunk or high on drugs.

“We will introduce a new offence of causing serious injury by careless driving, punishable by imprisonment, to fill a gap in the law and reflect the seriousness of some of the injuries suffered by victims in this category of case.”

Over 150 people were sentenced due to dangerous driving in 2016.

TheThe Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety (PACTS) stated:

“We would have welcomed a broader review that considered all the offences available, prosecution procedures and whether or not the sentences imposed are working in practice,”

The Prison Reform Trust also commented on the issue by saying:

“Greater use could be made by the courts of longer driving bans, which would still curtail liberty and prevent future harm for people convicted of these offences,” the PRT said in their statement.

“These could be supplemented with additional targeted community based interventions where appropriate, this could include supervision requirements, the attendance of anger management, drug or alcohol support.”

Comments

comments

Continue Reading

Newsletter

Trending

Close